Classes Near You
Fridley Public Schools
Make ‘Breathe. Stretch. Play.’
a part of every child’s day!
Super Stretch classes are great for schools, after-school programs, birthday parties, yoga studios and gyms, day cares – or your house. Super Stretch’s mission is to teach kids to express themselves in healthy ways and create balance in life.
A Super Stretch class typically features interactive stories, games, partner dynamics, animal sounds and laughter. This all adds up to the most important element – FUN! The enjoyment of the classes would be reason enough to teach fitness to children, but the benefits go far beyond. Using the Super Stretch educational and empowering books, flash cards, teaching manuals and apps on iTunes and Google Play, the teacher will offer children physical fitness and movement to:
- Opens channels of communication between left and right hemispheres in the brain and assist in developing brain functions like: balance, eye-hand coordination and fine motor skills.
- Assists in developing: flexibility, strength, body awareness, communication, concentration, breathing, non-competitive movement, self-esteem, muscles and bone structure.
Each class is a responsive classroom style based on a particular adventure story with Super Stretch and characters that teach kids positive life lessons as well as active play time. They will learn tools to find physical and emotional balance to be healthy and happy. Here’s is a general outline of how the SUPER Process works in a class:
- Class theme of the day
- Breathing exercise
- Class mindful movement sequence
- Rest & DreamTime = Visualization and relaxation to listen, create space and pay attention to the moment
- ‘Happiness and Gratitude’ practice with a project ‘to-do’ for the day outside of your fitness class. Like:
- Help do the dishes at home
- Pick up trash outside on the ground
This teaches kids lessons:
- Good social skills
- Building a life long love of physical fitness
Super Stretch is taught in schools, studios, gyms and at these spaces:
Minneapolis Child Development Programs affiliated with Super Stretch:
- Brooklyn Center Schools
National Child Development Programs affiliated with Super Stretch:
You can make a difference. Support our mission to bring meditation and yoga to kids in an engaging, interactive way.
Super Stretch teaches kids techniques to help them manage stress and anxiety while also having fun.
Make 'Breathe. Stretch. Play.' part of every day! Your support helps create our next adventures with Super Stretch and ultimately impact more kids and families to live healthier, happier lives. Thank you for making the whole world “Super” inside and out!