A fun, interactive yoga app created for kids, used by the whole family! Move, play and breathe as Super Stretch introduces you to his friends and their yoga poses.
Using storytelling, animation and video examples, kids enjoy making NAMASTE a part of their day. Practice poses, collect 12 stars and get a team photo. Each of Super Stretch’s friends helps us learn how to use movement and breathing to make every day balanced. So easy and entertaining we forget that it’s exercise.
- 12 yoga poses for all skill levels and ages
- Animated characters & real kids show how to do the poses
- Breathing breaks. Can you take 3 deep breaths?
- Inspiring music with each pose
- Team photo
Variety of ways to learn and use:
- Teaching tool you can do with kids or, kids can do alone
- Follow along by pressing ‘Play All’ button and Super Stretch will introduce you to his friends and their yoga poses
- Pick 1 pose to do at a time and follow along with Super Stretch and his friends
- The Adventures of Super Stretch is an engaging, fun, and effective means of introducing children to the myriad benefits of fitness through yoga. Kids find a captivating program illustrated by a colorful cast of characters. But without knowing it, they’re gaining essential tools for their bodies and minds – stretching and strengthening their muscles, improving their balance and posture, relaxing with deep breathing, and learning self-awareness. As we approach the challenges of childhood obesity, anxiety and depression, and the general trend toward sedentary lifestyles, we would do well to consider this program. It is a tremendous guide and model of healthy ways to move our bodies and, just as importantly, calm our minds.Christopher Foss, M.D. – Family Physician
- We LOVE the app! Lucy & June have been playing it over and over… doing the moves! It’s so cute, positive, and age appropriate!Betsy Schwartz, M.D. – Pediatric Endocrinologist & Mom
- As an elementary and middle school administrator and parent of a three year old, I have found The Adventures of Super Stretch to be a wonderful way to ground, center and focus children. The “catchy” animation and clear instructions are easy to follow and my son and students both enjoy participating in the yoga poses presented. It has been a real joy to watch The Adventures of Super Stretch grow from one person's idea to an internationally used and supported application.Mark A. Segal, M.D., Head of Intermediate & Middle Schools – St. Andrew's Episcopal
- Super Stretch is a fun and engaging tool to teach kids simple breath and yoga movements. The videos of kids are great and make learning yoga look easy!Mary Jo Kreitzer, Ph.D. – Founder & Director, University of Minnesota Center for Spirituality & Healing
- My 5-7 year old students love Super Stretch! It immediately gets them up and moving as they imitate both the live action kids and the engaging animated characters! Playful movement interspersed throughout the day is so important to young children’s brain development—Super Stretch leads kids on a yoga adventure that they can do independently or with their parents. The Super Stretch app will be first on my ‘best educational media’ list on my parent website page!Ann Griffin, Early Childhood Educator – Hamline University & St. Paul Public Schools
- Super Stretch transforms yoga into a magical and highly engaging experience for children.Barry Kudrowitz, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Product Design – University of Minnesota
The Adventures of Super Stretch app was developed by Jessica Rosenberg, an industrial designer and 500 E/RYT national yoga educator, plus an incredible team of creative app developers. Jessica’s love for yoga, inspiration from her students and desire to offer children accessible wellbeing tools helped bring Super Stretch to life.
The app was created for everyone – young to old, layman and educators – to teach the immeasurable benefits of yoga. Yoga is a powerful physical discipline. In the ten years of teaching thousands of wellness classes, Jessica has seen incredible transformations. An estimated 17.5 million adults practice yoga. As of 2007, there were over 1.5 million children practicing yoga.
The scientific community is coming out with more and more research statistics on how yoga is helping children with issues like obesity, diabetes and asthma. And yoga has been proven beneficial in teaching positive cognitive skills for a variety of different special needs populations, from physical disabilities, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders. The physical practice of yoga provides a healthy outlet to calm the nervous system reducing stress and teaching kids how to relax. The mindfulness and breathing aspects of yoga offer children skills for dealing with emotions giving them an ability to understand their feelings and relate to others. The balancing and standing postures help kids with sensory integration issues, which help to provide structure and discipline in their development. Yoga helps cultivate good character traits like trusting and respecting themselves and others.
Super Stretch is an educational yoga tool to use and teach the fun of physical activity and breathing to children. They will use the skills of self-awareness, self-esteem and self-regulation that they learn from this app as a foundation for the rest of their lives.